Whether you are for them or against them, online courses seem to be the hot topic right now amongst Stewardesses. I am all for continuing your education and making the most out of every situation. Being stuck in a pandemic can be daunting, and being able to focus on learning new skills is not only great for your CV but also works wonders for Mental Health.
What courses to take?
- Evaluate and communicate the various sensory attributes of wine using formal descriptive language
- Explain the structure, growth and development of grapevines and objectives of different vineyard management practices
- Contrast the different winemaking techniques employed in the production of different styles of wine
*While the course is free, there is a $199 fee if you would like a certified certificate
Courses that have an enrollment fee
- Introduction to wine
- The influence of site, grape varieties and winemaking
- The principles of wine regions of the world
- Wine tasting, storing, serving and pairing
*Cost is 125.00; however, it’s currently on sale for $99
WSET Level 1 – 4 at WSET School London
- Level 1 – feel much more confident tasting wine, navigating a wine list, buying bottles and pairing wine with food
- Level 2 – You’ll learn the principal and regionally significant grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce
- Level 3 – You’ll learn how to use your tasting notes to make objective conclusions on a wine’s style, quality and readiness for drinking
- Level 4 (Diploma in wines) – Made up of six essential units of study, each designed to develop expertise in a specific area. These units are weighted differently and require different amounts of guided and private study time https://wsetglobal.com/wset-school-london/wset-courses?subject=Wine
*You will need to go into an authorized school to take your final exam for any of these courses, and the cost is dependent on the course
Spanish Wine Experience Level 1
- Both professionals and beginners receive clear information about the most important grape varieties, history, wine styles, climate, soils, wine tourism and gastronomy of the visited regions.
* Inquire further with the school to find out about pricing
Fun Wine Courses
Wine, Everything You Want To Know
A unique education about wine from a winemaker. How it’s made, and how to fully enjoy tasting and talking about it. https://www.udemy.com/course/the-a-to-z-guide-to-wine-for-newbies-taught-by-a-winemaker/
- Define Wine
- A short history of wine and where it came from
- Visit a native grapevine in its natural habitat
- A full year in a vineyard, exploring practises and tasks of vineyard workers.
- How the heck wine is made
- How to taste it “properly” (spoiler alert: however you want)
- Wine “lingo” and how to wade through the jargon
* This course costs $49.99
- This course is aimed at beginners of all backgrounds, and no previous knowledge is required
** This course costs $109.99
I hope this post helps you on your journey to learning more about wine!
- Managing TWO full time jobs, while changing the world - October 16, 2020
- Mini Series: Dealing with being overwhelmed // Yoga - October 9, 2020
- Mini Series: Dealing with being overwhelmed //Breathing - October 8, 2020