Today’s blog post is something a little different and for good reason!
At the beginning of the year, one of my best friends was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer. At the time she was working with me on-board and quite honestly, we were all completely shocked. Without that 15-minute appointment, she would never have known that anything was wrong or she needed treatment.
As Stewardesses, our job consists of working tirelessly looking after others and far too often we forget about ourselves.
So today, I am setting you a challenge…
- Commit to booking a pap smear every three years
- Get your phone out and set a reminder for every three years
- Remind your sisters, friends and coworkers to do the same
- Share this graphic below on your Instagram stories
- Tag @theyachtstew and use the hashtag #doitfogigi to honour my beautiful friend and her cervical cancer journey
There can be a stigma attached to getting a pap smear. Some find it embarrassing, some feel it’s only appropriate if you have been with multiple sexual partners and others don’t see the point. I really encourage you to look past all of this and view the appointment as an essential part of your health.
To make things as easy as possible, I have put together a downloadable list of recommended doctor’s offices around the world. They are all English speaking and recommended by yachties! Now, all you need to do is call or email for an appointment.
I love this community and care deeply for everyone, which is why I am pleading with you to please, please, book an exam.
Lots of love,
P.S. In the upcoming weeks, I will be creating a Wine and Spirit Inventory & Daily Consumption Tracker Printable to assist with charters. Partial proceeds from this printable will be donated to the MacMillian Cancer Support. If you like me to create any specific work lists etc. please let me know and I would be more than happy to create them (again, partial proceeds will be donated!).
- Managing TWO full time jobs, while changing the world - October 16, 2020
- Mini Series: Dealing with being overwhelmed // Yoga - October 9, 2020
- Mini Series: Dealing with being overwhelmed //Breathing - October 8, 2020