Curious as to what Wedding Venues in Provence look like? Ben & I, along with his parents took a road trip through the Provence countryside to look at various places to say I DO in!
Though we didn’t pick any of the ones photographed, they were too pretty not to share!
Ben & I have been engaged for close to TWO years now.
Time is seriously flying by!
We’ve been asked countless times why we are waiting to get married & what’s the hold up! Truth is that we are loving this new chapter in our lives and we out right refuse to let planning a wedding stress us out. We got engaged in Australia, then went back to Canada all while trying to plan a Wedding in France. We definitely needed the extra time!
We gave ourselves 3 months to research venues & organize a ‘viewing week’. Here are some of the tips & tricks that we used to find the perfect setting.
- After we chose the region in France that wanted to say “I do” in, I spent hours on Style Me Pretty.
I looked through dozens of blogs posts of weddings from that area & since they list all of the vendors used, I was able to look up some amazing venues.
- Instagram. Its one thing to see a venue showcased on a website, its another thing to see actual photos of people at the venue. The searchable location option was fantastic! I typed in the venue name & anyone who tagged that location showed up. We were able to get a more realistic idea using this tactic & found a huge list of vendors who have already worked with that specific property
- If you are getting married in France, you have to give French Wedding Style a look! After months of me sourcing venues through blogs, Ben found this site, chose his favourite venue and believe it or not, thats the venue that we chose.
We booked a few days off work & flew to France for the big venue hunt. I emailed our top 4 selections, ahead of time to organize the viewings. I had a few nonnegotiable that the venue to had have & created a list of questions to ask once we arrived.
At the end of the day, what’s important is that you find a space big enough to accommodate the size of wedding that you want & it fits well with your overall look of the day. Don’t feel rushed – the venue coordinater understands that this is a huge decision & should allow you to wander around with your fiancé after the grand tour.
I’ve posted some photos of venues that we looked at. Though we didn’t pick any of the ones photographed, they were too pretty not to share!
I hope you have butterflies driving into your venue for the first time just like I did.
- How to build a yachtie CV! - April 3, 2019
- After Eight Martini - February 22, 2019
- Pretty in Pink Tablescapes - February 20, 2019